East Baton Rouge Councilwoman Chauna Banks is hosting a second series pathways to acquire property in East Baton Rouge Parish. The event is free and open to the public. The meeting will include details on getting title insurance and paying the outstanding taxes.
The second session will be held on Thursday, February 28, 2019, 5:30 p.m., Louisiana Leadership Institute, 5763 Hooper Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70811
The goal is to help bring new life to blighted, abandoned or tax-foreclosed properties. Agency representatives will present five unconventional pathways to acquire these properties. Both residential and commercial investors will learn how to purchase tax-delinquent assets by attending these informational.
A list of invited agencies and programs:
• East Baton Rouge Sheriff’s Office “sheriff sale”, a public auction of property repossessed to satisfy an unpaid obligation.
• Parish Attorney’s Office, which handles the sale of adjudicated properties through public bids and donations.
• Civic Source, a company partnered with the City-Parish to offer an online process for the sale of adjudicated property in excess of 5 years.
• Mow to Own Program, allows certain parties to avoid the public bidding and receive a preference in making an offer to purchase adjudicated properties in excess of 3 years;
• East Baton Rouge Redevelopment Authority has the ability to acquire and quickly clear title to tax sale and adjudicated properties.
For more information, contact the District 2 Office at (225) 389-8331 or email email@example.com.