The NAACP Louisiana State Conference will host a swearing-in ceremony to install its newly-elected officers.
Former Baton Rouge NAACP President Mike McClanahan has been sworn in as the new NAACP State President along with other executive officers. Southern University Law Center Chancellor John Pierre served as the guest speaker and Judge Don Johnson presided. Other elected officials from throughout the city and state were also in attendance.
“We’re excited to start this new chapter and continue the legacy and the mission of the NAACP,” McClanahan said. The event was held on Saturday, Jan. 6 at the Louisiana State Archives, 3351 Essen Lane, in Baton Rouge at 1 p.m.
The following people will be officially sworn in:
Newly-elected officers of the NAACP Louisiana State Conference:
· President Mr. Michael McClanahan
· First Vice President Dr. Levon Leban
· Treasurer Mr. Charles Heckard
· Secretary Ms. Michelle Ratcliff
· Vice President (District H) Mr. Lloyd Thompson
· Vice President (District G) Ms. Wendy Calahan
· Vice President (District F) Rev. Edward “Chipps” Taylor
· Vice President (District E) Mr. Alfred Doucette
· Vice President (District D) Ms. Janelle Chargois
· Vice President (District B) Mr. Jerome Boykins
· Vice President (District A) Rev. Kevin Gabriel
· Members at Large Ira Thomas and Vincent Alexander